Let’s talk about the elephant in the bedroom… sleep troubles.
Self-care is any activity that we do deliberately in order to take care of our mental, emotional, and physical health. It’s different for everyone, and what you need to relax your mind can vary, alter or change depending on your mood.
So, the *most* important thing is to follow your own needs, not what you think you are “supposed to do” to relax. You might hate yoga, whilst your bestie swears by it. You might yawn at the mere thought of picking up a book but love a good Netflix binge. Simply put, do what feels good for you and your mental state.
Check our tips below to help you figure out which ways to relax work for you and bring you to your own state of zen:
- Think about when you feel at your calmest – is it when you’re alone listening to relaxing music? Or when you’re watching tv, surrounded by friends or family? Whatever it is you’re doing when you feel most at peace, tap into that and purposefully cultivate more moments where you can feel that sense of calm within your day.
- Think back to what you enjoyed as a child – Most people have an activity that they loved as a child – was it being out in the countryside and getting muddy, stocking up on the latest Pokémon cards or baking cakes? As an adult, these activities can act as a go-to self-care practice for when things feel just a little too stressful in the real world. Yep, you heard it here first – Soap & Glory are giving you permission to abandon all responsibilities and act like a child again!
- Try mindfulness – According to the experts, mindfulness is the basic human ability to be fully present, aware of where we are and what we’re doing, and not overly reactive or overwhelmed by what’s going on around us**. Have a think about activities where you could be fully present – it could be a bedtime meditation – or savouring every second of that late-night donut!
- Leave your phone for an hour before bed – We know, sounds crazy. Not answering that pre-bed buzz of the group chat, not knowing what Amy from Netball had for dinner on Instagram, not seeing the tiny dogs dressed in Halloween costumes. It seems like hard work, but the more pockets of time you create for yourself without relying on mindlessly scouring through social media, the more it helps you to discover what you actually enjoy doing to unwind in the evening.
- Update your body care routine with our new Perfect Zen range – Wash away the day with our Perfect Zen Body Care Collection, featuring an indulgent fragrance expertly blended to help you relax, and prepare for sleep. With notes of Lavender and Tonka Bean; you’re going to love the calming scent.
The range is made up of 4 products; a foaming shower oil, a body souffle, a warming body scrub and a calming bath milk. Just reading that makes us feel all relaxed. Let’s take a closer look at the range:
First up is our foaming Perfect Zen Foaming Shower Oil 200ml.
This multi-tasking milky miracle worker helps you wash away the day. Infused with indulgent Argan oil and Vitamin E, this easy to use formulation slips on to gently cleanse and condition, leaving skin feeling marvelously moisturised and hydrated.
How to use: Apply direct to skin in the shower, or swirl into a warm bath for a moment of calm and tranquility.
Next, we have our Perfect Zen Body Souffle 300ml.
A different texture to a body butter but just as indulgent. It may look a little different to what you’re used to, but our souffle includes skin loving goodies to replenish skin’s moisture and wrap you in a blanket of intense hydration so get slathering. This innovative souffle absorbs easily into your skin thanks to its fluffy, light texture. It’s the perfect post shower pamper.
How to use: After bathing or showering, smooth a generous handful onto damp skin and massage in. Give skin the perfect base by scrubbing up first with the Perfect Zen Body Scrub.
Now we move to our Perfect Zen Warming Scrub 250ml.
Apply to wet skin and experience an indulgent warming sensation that helps to relax the body while this pampering polisher gets to work removing dead skin cells, dirt and impurities to leave skin radiant and smooth.
How to use: Scrub a generous amount onto wet skin and indulge in the warming sensation. Rinse thoroughly in the bath or shower after use. After scrubbing, wrap up in the Perfect Zen Body Souffle for super hydrated skin.
Last but no means least; we have our Perfect Zen Calming Bath Milk 500ml.
Enriched with a blend of nourishing goodies, the soft formula gently cleanses without drying to leave skin feeling magnificently moisturised and sumptuously smooth. Pour into a warm bath and ease into a luxurious soak to help melt away stress and tension before bedtime.
How to use: Simply swirl into a warm bath to indulge in a cocoon of calm. As you soak, scrub down with the Perfect Zen Body Scrub, and after drying, wrap up in the Perfect Zen Body Souffle.